Home Touch Healthcare
Home Touch Healthcare
NPMC Home Touch Healthcare provides a foundation of genuine care and quality service to patients in the comfort of their own home. Home care combines technology and quality nursing to administer treatment to patients within Hot Springs and a 50-mile radius. Professionally skilled nurses, nurses’ aides, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, medical and social worker services 24 hours, seven days a week.
Home Touch Health Care Services include:
- Skilled Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Infusion Therapy Nursing
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Medical Social Worker
- Home Health Aide
- Community Education
Other Specialty Nursing services:
- Cardiac Care
The registered and licensed nurses at the NPMC Home Health services are highly trained and experienced in providing nursing services in the patient’s home. They understand the special needs of homebound patients and maintain continuous education in clinical and psychosocial skills development.
Our skilled nursing services include:
- Coordination and implementation of physician’s plan of treatment.
- Routine patient evaluation and communication to physician regarding patient’s response to care, and changes in the patient’s condition.
- Simple to complex wound care.
- Teaching and Instruction of medications and disease process.
- Review of medication regime and patient training.
- Interaction with patient’s family/caregivers, co-workers and other disciplines to provide observation and feedback regarding patient’s conditions.
The goal of therapy is to improve or restore the function lost or impaired by illness or injury. The occupational therapists at NPMC Home Touch are trained and skilled to promote and return patients to independence through training and re-education in skills associated with daily living.
Our occupational therapy services include:
- Evaluation of the patient’s level of function.
- Guiding the patient in therapeutic creative and self-care activities.
- Helping the patient adapt to age-related changes such as decreased energy and vision.
- Assisting patients to increase physical strength and endurance to maintain self-sufficiency.
- Identify and reinforce older adult abilities for independent living.
Infusion Therapy Nursing
Our infusion therapy nursing services include, but are not limited to:
- Initial and ongoing assessment of patient and family capabilities and needs.
- Patient and family education.
- Peripheral intravenous site rotation.
- Central venous catheter care.
- Blood drawing
- Follow-up reports to physicians and pharmacy service providers.
- Psychosocial support for patients and families/caregivers.
- Administer IV, mediation, TPN, pain management, therapies.
Patients who require speech therapy can often become frustrated in their attempts to recover skills that once were easy for them. Our speech pathologist can help in overcoming problems associated with speech, auditory, memory, and swallowing disorders.
Our speech therapy services include:
- Coordination of the plan of treatment with the patient’s physician.
- Patient evaluations and communication with physician and our nursing staff.
- Instruction to patient and caregiver in therapeutic exercise procedures
- Psychological support for patient and family.
Some of the latest techniques and equipment is used by the Physical therapist at NPMC Home Touch Healthcare. Their goal is to assist patients in achieving the most complete recovery possible in the shortest time frame.
Physical therapy can often be frustrating for patients as they attempt to recover skills that were once easy to them. Our professional staff can help patients overcome these frustrations and provide expert aid, encouragement and understanding that helps a patient achieve their goals.
Our physical therapy services include:
- Assisting the physician with initial and on-going patient evaluation.
- Directing and aiding patient in various exercises and activities.
- Gait training
- Instructing patient and caregiver in use of medical equipment, and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- The application of various devices, simulators and traction.
- Coordinating physical therapy with our agency’s nursing services.
Medical Social Worker
The Medical Social Worker staff assists patients with the adjustments that often follow an illness. Services are performed within the home and under a physician’s orders.
Our medical social worker services include:
- Communicating with home health professional staff regarding a patient’s psychosocial assessment and collaborating with necessary sources to meet the patient’s needs.
- Helping patients achieve independence.
- Diagnosing the severity of a patient’s social problems.
- Assisting patients and their families/caregivers to manage personal and environmental challenges, which may prevent the patient from benefiting from home care.
For additional information on the NPMC Home Touch Healthcare Services call (501) 321-0708.
Our Home Health is a OCS HomeCare Elite agency. The HomeCare Elite™ is a compilation of the top performing home health agencies in the United States. Annually, the top 25 percent of home care agencies nationwide are identified. OCS HomeCare uses publicly available data from Home Health Compare and the CMS Cost Reports to create the HomeCare Elite list of agencies. Three domains of performance were cumulatively evaluated—quality of care, quality improvement, and financial performance.