Orthopedics is the specialty involved with diagnosing and treating the musculoskeletal system. National Park Medical Center’s highly specialized and skilled Orthopedic Surgeons treat a wide assortment of injuries and diseases of the skeleton, including hand surgery.
Most orthopedic surgeris use minimally invasive procedures to help reduce pain and speed recovery. Musculoskeletal problems affect one in every four people and can strike nearly every area of your body.
According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons:
- Arthritis is the leading chronic condition reported by the elderly
- Sprains, dislocations and fractures account for almost half of all musculoskeletal injuries
- More than half of all athletic injuries occur in the knee. Orthopedic surgeons treat knees more often than any other part of the body
- Carpal tunnel syndrome accounts for more than two million physician visits a year
Some other conditions that may cause you to visit an Orthopedic physician include:
- Joint Reconstruction
- Broken Bones
- Sports Injuries
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand injuries
- Foot, Ankle injuries
To find an orthopedic surgeon, call the NPMC physician referral line at (877) 320-3222.